QUALITY POLICY, ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT, ENERGY EFFICIENCY, SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND ROAD SAFETY.
Cedinsa, a company dedicated to the construction and operation of infrastructures, carries out its activities from the commitment, business responsibility and compliance with the legal requirements that are applicable to it. As one of the main actors of Road Safety Management in Catalonia, it wants and can contribute to carrying out an effective management of road safety in its area of influence.
To carry out the performance of its objectives, Cedinsa has been equipped with an Integrated Management System, which includes the following references: Quality-ISO 9001, Environment ISO-14001, Energy Efficiency ISO-5001, Safety and Health at Work-ISO-45001 and Road Safety-ISO 39001.
The activity that Cedinsa considers to be in accordance with the requirements of the Reference Standards is:
Administration and management activities in concession of toll highways in the shade. Construction and operation of toll roads in the shade. The operation includes conservation and maintenance operations, use and defense and traffic management.
Cedinsa is committed to promoting and encourage the entire organization following these principles:
- Facilitate and promote a culture in which quality, respect for the environment, Safety and Health at Work, energy efficiency and road safety, are part of the basic pillar of the strategic direction of the company involving all staff.
- Establish measurable and quantifiable improvement objectives in order to ensure and demonstrate the continuous improvement of the integrated management system and monitor the activities carried out in order to achieve the commitments made.
- Identify the risks and opportunities of our activities, promote innovation and the application of new technologies, as well as the generation of synergies between the different activities of Cedinsa. Support design to improve energy performance.
- Protect and conserve the environment by preventing the pollution of the territory by promoting the optimization of natural resources, energy savings and the reduction of waste production.
- Manage the processes that reduce the environmental impact in our activity and evaluate in advance the environmental impact of new activities or services.
- Lead the fight against climate change through the implementation of processes with lower emission of greenhouse gases, and through the promotion of energy efficiency and the promotion of renewable energies. Consume resources with criteria of rationality, efficiency and savings.
- Intensify environmental considerations in the planning of our activities, acquisition of materials and equipment in order to improve the life cycle of products and services. Selection of services, equipment and development of procedures to be energy efficient.
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of injuries and deterioration of employee health.
- Cedinsa is committed to working to eliminate the dangers and reduce the risks that occur due to its activity.
- Facilitate an effective Consultation and Participation of all employees of the organization.
- Comply with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements, as well as other requirements that the organization subscribes to related to the interested parties in the organization, to the environmental aspects, the use and consumption of energy and energy efficiency, Safety and Health at Work and Road Safety.
- Consider suppliers and contractors as part of the System, presenting the necessary collaboration as well as demanding special attention to all those activities related to the Management System.
- Periodically review the Objectives and Goals, as well as the Management Criteria of the company to achieve continuous improvement in quality and customer satisfaction, energy and environmental performance and the improvement of working conditions and Health and Safety of employees. It is a long-term goal for the company to eliminate deaths and serious injuries in traffic accidents.
- Train and sensitize staff. Make available to workers all the necessary and viable resources and means to comply with these principles, as well as periodic information on the established objectives, promoting the participation of staff for their development and continuous improvement.
- Prevent pollution of the territory and protect the natural environment through responsible consumption management. Encourage the reuse of office consumables and properly manage the waste generated.
- Promote knowledge and application of our principles among employees and other stakeholders. Share our experience to promote alternative solutions to those currently consolidated, which contribute to the achievement of a sustainable environment.
- Cedinsa is committed to integrating biodiveristat into the group’s environmental management systems, establishing objectives, indicators and criteria for its control and monitoring, as well as promoting awareness of these actions and integrating the conservation of biological diversity into decision-making.
- Control the management of toxic substances, necessary to carry out the activity and work on the optimization of the management of hazardous waste.
This Policy is periodically reviewed by management to ensure that it is disseminated to all staff and exposed to the public and available to any other interested party who requests it.
Approved by management on January 2022
Social and Governance Policies
Cedinsa, a company dedicated to the construction and exploitation of infrastructures, carries out its activities based on commitment, corporate responsibility and compliance with the legal requirements that apply to it.
This document establishes the basic guidelines and lines of action in matters of Cedinsa’s corporate social responsibility, which make it possible to formalize and specify the SG concept within the organization. This policy must be applied to all activities of the organization, including the life cycle of the activity. The policy is complemented by current SG regulations.
The strategic axes considered as priority aspects in terms of social responsibility are:
- Occupational safety and health: Cedinsa ensure that it is a safe workplace for its workers. To this, the facilities comply with the regulations on the prevention of occupational risks, and all people receive the necessary and adequate training in the field of Safety and Health.
- At all times and in any situation, the company undertakes to carry out its activities related to the safety and health of users with the aim of zero accidents for users, through the continuous improvement of safety management. with the definition of specific objectives.
- The company undertakes to analyze the impact of its activity on the safety and health of the community by studying the incidents and claims that may have occurred during its actions.
- Employee Satisfaction: Cedinsa aims to be a workplace where people feel fulfilled and satisfied. To do this, staff satisfaction surveys are conducted periodically (minimum once a year).
- Non-discrimination and equal treatment: Cedinsa undertakes not to discriminate based on sex, race, religion or any other type of personal distinction. All people should be treated equally.
- Continuous training: Ensure continuous training for all employees, both at the level of occupational safety and health, and at the technical level of each of the jobs.
- Compliance with the law: Obligation to comply with current labor legislation in all its aspects. And if necessary, with the collaboration of specialized companies. Dialogue, collaboration, and respect for people: Promote dialogue to resolve conflicts and drive improvements.
- Contribution to the local community: Cedinsa as an entity serving the territory, wants to get involved in social causes that improve the lives of citizens. Through collaborations with entities in the third sector, either through contracting for the provision of services (i.e., foundations employing persons with disabilities), or through direct economic contribution to social causes.
The main strategic points relating to management are:
- Good governance: development of a culture of the organization based on ethical principles, rejecting all forms of corruption. Knowledge by the entire organization of Code of Ethics and the principles that are defined in it.
- Cedinsa’s mission, vision, and values: These three pillars, known to all employees, govern people’s behavior.
- Transparency: All Cedinsa processes are governed by a principle of transparency, of recording actions, so that everything can be reviewable and evaluable.
- Integrity: In Cedinsa the integrity of people is understood as the ability to act with responsibility, ethics and transparently.
- Rejection of corruption and fraud: Application of internal fraud prevention procedures. Acceptance of gifts by third parties is prohibited when it is suspected that they may influence a decision that may favor this third party.
- Conflict of interest: Employees should avoid situations that may lead to a conflict between personal and company interests. Employees should refrain from representing the company and intervene or influence decision-making in any situation in which they directly or indirectly have a personal interest.
All the areas and departments of the company participate directly and indirectly in the development of specific actions and their follow-up in accordance with their relationship in the material aspects of SG. The entire organization is involved in the correct development of the activity, in economic, environmental, social and good management aspects.
Barcelona, 25 May 2021